View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks so much for the reply, Mark.

I am doing much better at staying calm in the classroom--mostly because I need to in order to keep the symptoms at bay. The kids are pretty well under control, it's just that an oversized first grade classroom is by nature a very busy and stimulating place

Not sure that I have a dopamine dependence, because not drinking alcohol has not bothered me a bit. I enjoy loud shows, but do them much less now that I am older (30). It's just sad to think that I may not be able to attend any more shows in the future.

I have been wondering if I have injured my neck, but there is no neck pain, and my head was stationary when my head was hit. I sustained a hit last year in the same spot, and had pain on both sides of the head, primarily the opposite side. The Dr. then said that it was likely because my brain hit the opposite side of my skull after the impact. (just mentioning this for extra info)

I am certainly open to quitting marijuana for the foreseeable future, but my biggest gains have often been after smoking (i.e. I smoke and wake up the next day with reduced symptoms). However, I will give it up for the time being. The main reason I like it is because it helps me go to sleep earlier in the evening, otherwise my natural inclination is to stay up until midnight or so, which means I'm not getting enough sleep due to work.

I have been taking a daily woman's vitamin (though I'm a male) because that's what's in the cabinet. I will certainly look into B vitamins. Right now I drink tons of turmeric and take 1200 mgs of fish oil a day.

Since my symptoms are relatively mild (currently), is it possible that I will make a full recovery? There's so much information to sift through here!

Question: should I be doing exercises? On one hand I feel that I need rest, on the other hand I feel that I need to stimulate my arm and leg or I will lose function in them.
headmusic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote