View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspainsomuch View Post
That's the thing though, I have done everything the probabtion officer has asked or suggested me to do as well as my attorney. The prosecutor wants to revoke my probation because there is nothing that I can do. I can't talk on the phone, I can't sit in a chair. Doing what I am doing for an hour wears me out for a week. Before I was convicted I had a job working 1 1/2 hours a week and it was my max. The prosecutor is in on this conviction, I was set up, I was charged with something I didn't even do the evidence proves that. My attorney said the prosecutor has no sympathy for my disability and my attorney says this is a case of cruel and unusual punishment because the courts have a letter from the administrative law judge from social security saying I cannot work. I just want to do restitution while I fight this wrongful conviction, that will be hard enough on me to do, but at least I can do things at my pace to sell and pay it, but they won't do that.
This is tough but unfortunately the laws do not protect whom they deem criminals for protection or leniency to pay back (via monetary or probation) what was considered (by them..) to be a crime. Please don't think I'm judging you - I am not. You might have to consider either pleading with the judge to convert your sentence to jail time rather than restitution or simply breaking your probation so that you are heard in court and they are forced to convert it - if know one will listen.

Can you not answer phones even with a headset?

Sounds to me like your children and husband need to either step up or understand that they made it while you were in prison and if they don't want you back in prison or possibly even more financially strapped, because you have to pay cash restitution then they need to help out a little while longer. It is not the priority of the court to ensure that you have the time to take care of your household duties before your restitution that is just not how things work in the justice system. You need to explain this to your family.

There are other meds and other doctors who might be able to prescribe meds that will better control your pain so that you can do the community service. I would seriously consider finding a new doctor.

What about a different attorney? Did you try the Ombudsman's office?

We all know how hard it is to work or just take care of normal daily life while living with CRPS or any other chronic disease. That being said you most likely will have to dig deep within yourself to muster up the strength to get through this difficult time. Think of what you would do if one of your loved ones were in trouble and only you were there to save them... you would be surprised at what you are capable of!! Try and put yourself in that frame of mind - you are saving you and your family and this is just a 'season' in life. Serving soup at a homeless shelter? Visiting patients in hospice just to sit or perhaps read. There has got to be something??

I wish the best for your future and hope it this road is far behind you soon!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-07-2014)