View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 11:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Maybe this will help?

I'm a 52 year old female. Fairly athletic, 128 lbs, work out regularly.

2 months ago, I woke one day with pain in my left glute and running down my left hamstring. As mentioned by everyone above, painful 24/7.
I went to a general practioner 2 weeks into this and was prescribed pain meds. That helped me to be able to get some sleep, so at the time it was an ok thing. Those ran out and I was taking 8-10 advil every single day to get some relief but always waking up to the same unbearable pain/ache.

Prior to this injury, every pulled/strained muscle I ever had gradually got better and went away with in a week. Not this.

For the first time, I went to a chiropractor. After alot of initial questions/answers regarding my pain, and some leg bending, hip feeling, they took some xrays.
Turns out my left hip was 1/2" higher than my right hip. She said it's probably been this way for a while and my body had been compensating for it until one day I did something (aka rowing machine) that was the "last straw" and boom - pain.
The pain is a symptom of another problem and in my case my hips not being aligned. She said this happened, just from life - sitting with crossed legs or maybe driving leaning to one side all the time, etc... just living.

So, now the regime is 12 visits within 1 month to manipulate my hip back to where it should be and to do it enough times so that it stays there for good.
I already feel 30% better and she assures me after a month I'll be pain free.
At that point the visits turn into 1 a week and then at my discretion.

Hopefully this will help someone else. It was a TOTAL pain in the butt!
sevey01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote