View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 11:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
Thanks so much for your response. I had a duplex ultrasound which was normal at rest but showed positional closure of subclavian vein. Then had positional/dynamic venogram which was completely normal. Not sure I understand how/why the two could differ so much. And, neurogenic TOS doesn't explain the hand pain (deep ache w/ severe flareups). This is probably the only thing that numerous TOS docs do agree on.

So, folks keep suggesting CRPS. Sounds like you do NOT think bulging veins is a sign of CRPS ??
As far as CRPS goes - you really haven't given much info except the bulging veins so if that is all then no - I doubt CRPS but.. then again I'm not a doctor just another CRPS II patient.

However - I also had bilateral Vascular and Neurogenic TOS prior to CRPS II so I am a familiar with that through personal experience. I had both first rib resection and neurolysis done within 20 days of each other by a fantastic doctor in Seattle (Dr. Mark Ombrellaro) and have had no further symptoms since them moment I woke from surgery. I am forever grateful for his quick and accurate diagnosis and expert surgical skills.

It does sound more like V- TOS than CRPS from what little you have posted. Do your arms and hands turn white/cold when raised at keyboard or steering wheel level? And then when you lower them they quickly turn bright red with the feeling of blood rushing back into them? The deep aching could come from lack of blood flow as this will impair bone resorption and potentially cause bone pain and changes within.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote