Thread: SEP/NC Report?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Daniella, I've just searched on your name for your posts, as I don't know your history offhand, and I wasn't able to easily find a place where you described what happened.

Would you mind summarizing your history and your lab tests again, or pointing to a link that has them.

If you've not done this, let me suggest you go to the site I've put up with the charts for all the tests done for pn, www.lizajane.org. You can download the charts to an excel spreadsheet, and then either put in your lab results on computer, or just write them in by hand. The site will allow you to upload them again to share wtih us, or you can copy and paste (though usually formatting of columns is lost when we do this.)

In terms of history, tell us your age, when things started for you, your nutritional history as well, because of the anorexia, and maybe it will be easier for us to undestand what it all means.

So far, what it seems like is you have the sensorimotor neuropathy that is most common here, sometimes caused by autoimmune illness, sometimes by toxins, or lack of foodstuffs (like B12), and sometimes we never quite find out.

The most important thing about the evoked potentials, I believe, is that they DO NOT look like Multiple Sclerosis. That's what they're gnereally done to look for. They show that signals going to the brain are not going smoothly, but according to the report, that's happening in the leg, not the brain. It looks like you might have a right peroneal neuropathy, or absence (itneresting, I have no right peroneal potentials, and I've never known there was anythign specific wrong on the right)

Anorexia can lead to hypo-pituitarism, hypothyroidism, and all sorts of nutritional issues. Where are you with that?

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote