View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Ken!

I have sensorimotor polyneuropathy. What used to be symptoms primarily in my left foot/lower leg is now in the other foot/leg and I am seeing mild wasting in the pad of my left palm. Left forearm is also smaller. I have burning/achey pain here. No one has any idea. Idiopathic is a term they easily throw around, but there has to be a root cause. One neuro says it's got to be autoimmune, because of my strong family history. But my blood work doesn't support it. The rheumatologist I saw was pretty thorough with the tests.

I'm happy to hear you've made progress. That is my plan...change my diet, take supplements, do PT & light exercise. I've got 20 or 30 lbs to lose. I just don't see that the doctors can help me, I feel so dejected when I leave those appointments. Money out the window and no further plan except go on pain meds. Which I am still holding off on, being stubborn.
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote