View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 12:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default first time member

Hi Nan!

Sorry about your toe [s], but so glad that you had a happy birthday in Yellowstone!! I am a new member on "NeuroTalk"... my dad has Parkinson's Disease--showed up immediately after receiving a course of the antibiotic, Flagyl. He has now had what appears to be full blown Parkinson's Disease for a year and a half... It has been an extremely difficult path for him for some time now. I have only recently come upon information relative to the benefit of forced exercise via biking on Parkinson's Disease victims.
I am really excited to be an active participant on this blog!! I am seriously contemplating purchasing a Motomed Viva 2 Parkinson. It is an exercise bike made by Reck, a company in Germany. It has specific programs in it for various diseases/strokes, etc. Have you heard anything about this particular piece of equipment??? I would be very interested in any information since it is expensive and would be a major purchase for us to make...
He is currently taking Sinemet 25/100 2 to 3 times per day along with .75mg of Xanax 2 to 3 times per day. I do not know if this medication regime is the ultimate one for my dad; we don't get a great impression of the neurologist's input when we have visited...
beeks3010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote