View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, that's just insane.

So you had low CO2 but now you have high CO2? Did you get copies of all of the tests done?

How much Mestinon did they have you take? And how many times per day (did they give you a script or just one dose)?

What "muscle tests" did she do? Probably an RNS and EMG, right? Well, those are not necessarily going to be positive in MG. A Single Fiber EMG is more specific to MG. Some patients do not test positive on any of those tests, even if they have antibodies! MG is a clinical diagnosis backed up with tests. Did you have a thorough clinical exam?

Do some research and find a pulmonologist over the weekend. Then on Monday, give them a call. Tell them how hard a time you're having breathing and ask to have an evaluation right away. Don't say you know what it is, just say that it isn't your normal and that you're scared.

They can completely evaluate your breathing. Sometimes, you have to go to more than one doctor to get an answer. They can at least help define what the heck is going on. They could do an overnight oximetry, arterial blood gas, etc. Breathing is their "thing," so it's best to see a pulmonologist.

Be careful about how much you push, or your chart might be "red flagged." Doctors get all scared when they have an aggressive patient (or husband). I know, you're between a rock and a hard to breathe place. I find this level of substandard care to be criminal. At least they finally did something.

I don't know if you have MG or not, but it's not nothing!!! Definitely not depression. Give me a break! If you can, get yourself an oximeter. They have some fairly inexpensive ones on Amazon. Then you'll know how it's fluctuating and if that corresponds to any fluctuation in breathing.

Just take it easy. BTW, too much Mestinon can make a person with MG get worse, too. I'm attaching the PDF for it, so you know what to look for as far as side effects, etc.

Annie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mestinon_Suspension_60mg-Tablet_60-180mg_PI_May01.pdf (38.7 KB, 3662 views)
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote