Thread: Normal or not
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 07:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Despite leading a life full of challenges, I absolutely DID NOT have anxiety or depression before TBI.

While I believe a premorbid history of these conditions can exasperate TBI, anxiety and depression are SYMPTOMS of TBI, NOT causes.

I can see closing your eyes helping. I liken it to babies, who fall asleep in loud, bright stores to protect their developing brains from overstimulation. Many TBI patients report a decrease in functionality, or even experiencing something akin to a shutdown, when they feel cognitively overwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVTBI View Post
I felt that way last night when I was around everybody I was really putting in extra efforts speaking, I find closing my eyes helps me find the correct words, I think I have it figured out to the point I no longer stutter or get to stuck. I feel like anxiety is part of this whole picture but I kind of get stuck questioning which came first the anxiety or the concussion or whats causing what, though I clearly remember feeling good right before the injury but it seems so far away
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote