View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 10:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Annie,
Sorry for the confusion, I meant low CO2 consistent with hyperventilation. I'm not sure what kind of EMG it was but she stuck needles in me and shocked my muscles. I have been too sick to review my paperwork but will try to look at them today.
I understand about the red flagging aggressive patients and my husband has fretted greatly over whether he did the right thing, but I believe the neurologist is doing due diligence. It may not have been ideal but we were desperate! I have lost 14 lbs and have not found any consistency liquid/solid that I don't choke on. I drank two cans of Boost yesterday , but choked very badly on the last half of the second bottle. I deep breath and my kids take turns percussing my back to keep fluids out of my lungs. I am very dehydrated but I've pretty much lost my desire to eat and drink. My husband pushes me which is good. I have an appointment tomorrow with the neurologist again so I will see about getting fluids and a swallow eval.
I did want to ask If you had any insight about reflexes. The doc said nothing about my reflexes but from my own observation my reflexes were normal except for an abscent plantar reflex indicating the need to evaluate the brain and spinal chord. Is this consistent with MG? MS?
Sadiecl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-15-2014)