View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 11:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yep... I live in Oakland Township, Michigan... Dad is not very physically capable of getting out easily for trying that type of exercise at a facility. It would be a major task, extremely difficult for both of us. If it were more easily accomplished, then of course I would be willing. This special bike is a pretty awesome machine. The one that we are contemplating purchasing has both pedals for hands as well as pedals for feet. 2 motors are on it, one for top & one for bottom. Some kind of cell is built in that senses muscle spasms and adjusts the speed accordingly. Right now, the ONLY exercise my father gets is standing up and transferring from one seat to another!!! The 80 - 90 rpms that are suggested for actual improvement in tremors is doable by this motorized bike. I do not think that he could get up to that speed without the additional assistance of a motor. Even with the motor, it may be difficult for him. I want to do for him anything that I am able to do that may actually help him with this awful debilitating disorder... Thank you for your concern about us and your timely response! The medication regimen that we are using does not seem to be producing excellent results, hard to know... that's why I am putting it out there and see if anyone might have ANY suggestions for us. On this blog, I read about MUCUNA powder, that it is actually a precursor to dopamine... I wonder if this "organic powder" may actually be of benefit to my dad????????? DON't KNOW what to think for sure!!!!!???????????? tyvm!
Beeks 3010
beeks3010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote