View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Prednisone seems to "cure" my tbi symptoms

I've done some amount of research online as to whether this works for others, and mostly I run into comments about the negative side effects people experience. I've taken prednisone at various times in my life for allergic reactions, and have experienced many of the bad side effects, but have found each time I take a course of it, the side effects have lessened. I had to take a course of Pred. after a reaction to a wasp sting this past summer, and felt amazing. Felt like my old self again - had energy, no depression, became productive again, etc. Only side effect was waking up at 5am every day (instead of sleeping in til 7am). Was so pleased with the results (and they lasted for 2 months after I was off the Prednisone), that when I started getting headaches and feeling like crap again, I tried a smaller/shorter dose, and again, had amazing results! And was able to sleep til 7am, if I wanted to. It felt like a miracle cure. Again, results lasted for a couple months after tapering off. So tried it again, just recently - no bad side effects, felt great! and again, benefits are still lasting. Only problem - no doctor believes me, and they don't want me taking it anymore. Problem is, given the incredibly high number of concussions I've had, I probably only have 10 to 15 years of life left before Alzheimers, if I'm "lucky" to live that long. My belief is that quality of life is the most important factor to me, so I would like to take Prednison as needed, to combat the tbi symptoms. Anyone else experience good results from Prednisone. Any ideas?
equispirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote