View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks deb b :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb b View Post
Good morning, so great to find that others are using Butrans patch. I have CRPS, small nerve fiber polyneuropathy and erythromelalgia. Been using it (20 mcg and recently added a 5 mcg) for over 2 years and it has definitely helped with pain control. I also use Nucynta for breakthrough pain. Before switching from OxyContin, which I requested, I had pain flares wrecking havoc on my physical and mental state. With the patch and a steady stream of med in my system, I can function at a baseline 5-6 pain level. Like you mentioned Debi, any physical activity or sometimes just walking down the hall can cause a flare up to 7-8. I don't always take Nucynta for these, as getting my feet elevated ( a must because the bottoms of my feet, especially the soles are involved) meditating, resting, etc....can sometimes bring the pain level back down.

I'm happy to read it's working for you! I've not experienced what you described, increased pain after placing the patch as my initial injury was my right foot. I use my upper arms and my chest for placement and rotate them. The upper chest gets into my system faster, I think, as there is less fat in this area. Good luck going forward and I will look for your updates.

Thanks mrsD for great info about the drug. I wish more folks were able to use it.

Nice to find someone who is using this patch and it is helping them.

And on my feet it's mainly the soles that hurt so much too. Do you find yourself hobbling to the couch or bed when the pain hits ? Until a few months ago I was able to walk on my heel if the pad and middle of foot started but the heel is now affected and when it all hits at once I'm a sight to see trying to get somewhere to sit down

The heel feels like there is a stone bruise on the entire heel. Remember those from going barefoot in the summer time ? I honestly don't know if all of my feet issues are the SFN but I just blame it all on that. Guess I really need to have a foot dr taking care of my feet ?

Thanks much for your post

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (11-10-2014), Hopeless (11-10-2014), Susanne C. (11-09-2014)