Thread: cried all day
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 09:49 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
My MVA left me with a neck injury that is too dangerous to stabilize surgically, so I'm in a battle with a bevy of neuro symptoms. When I'm really struggling, my PT tells me to wear my cervical collar to keep my neck still.

You could give that a try and see if it didn't give you come relief from the headaches, etc... Never wear a collar for too long though, otherwise your muscles could atrophy and exasperate your symptoms.

Are you seeing anyone about your depression and anxiety? I don't mean just swallowing pills. A good psychologist could help you learn coping techniques. I suspect if you could improve your emotional wellbeing, you might feel a tad better physically, too. You should also consider contacting your local chapter of the Brain Injury Association. They can be a great source for information and support groups.

Quite a number of us are TBI moms, so we know it can be tough to get proper rest and downtime.
Thanks for the reply. I started to see a counsellor last week and see him again this Wednesday. I am hoping that will help too. Being a mom with this is so hard. My kids are ages 5,3 and 6 months; all boys and my husband works up north a week on/week out. He is going back to work on Thursday. I'm terrified. My mom will be looking after the kids since I can't seem to do anything. I am just so upset over all of this and feeling rotten is no good either
Hcarmen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote