View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeks3010 View Post
Is it because they've run out of money, or might it be because the drug companies do not want cures to be discovered for some diseases????? When something looks to be as promising as this intranasal GDNF, if it truly were the money... what about a foundation such as the Michael J. Fox Foundation picking up where the study left off?? I am very apprehensive... think there may just be a whole lot more to promising studies dead ends that what the general public is aware...
It seems quite evident that what we need is a patient led organization vs a money focused behemoth that we presently have in the US. The Cure Parkinson's Trust UK seems to be a patient led research team. Face it folks, money drives the research in the US and the FDA only approves research that has big money behind it! The end result seems to be that research that may be quite promising is all to often left to die on the vine if Big Pharma doesn't see a big payoff down the road. The Michael Fox Foundation may be sort of a patient run organization, but I'm not sure who is on their board. Does anyone know who makes the decisions there regarding which studies to fund? No one is more motivated than a Parkinson's patient (or a Parkinson's patient's family member), to cure Parkinson's. The MJF Foundation seems to be funding some good research but maybe adding another patient led organization in the US would heat up the research. I've had Parkinson's now for 4 years and I'm beginning to realize that waiting for Big Pharma to help me is a fruitless effort!

Last edited by zanpar321; 11-10-2014 at 12:10 PM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote