View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default After "successful" MVD - no more pain, then THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher61 View Post
teacher61

I am new to group. Nov 2014 Have Anes Dolor after MVD for TN. No success with blocks, constant cold/burning/problems eating. No doctor has answer. Any suggestions.
teacher 61
I have had two different nerve blocks - neither one helps. Sometimes I feel like gasoline has been poured on the side of my face, and lit with a match! I've even used my dog's skin cream for hot spots. The worst is the coldness when I can barely feel my lips and tongue. Had to have the heimleich maneuver several times from choking - cannot feel myself eat. I'm becoming a "not so nice" person. All I want to do is try to take something to make myself sleep, and stay away from everyone. I no longer join in conversations, or volunteer to help with anything. It is so hard to explain this situation to people because there isn't anything to "see". Also, my eye has really been giving me problems. After the surgery for TN, a nerve was accidentally moved, and I had have botox injections into my eye to bring it up into place. It looks normal, but I see normal many times. I am a senior citizen, raising a teenager all by myself on Social Security. I make too much money, (ha) to get additional financial assistance. This is the first time I've really been able to get out my feelings - sorry if I sound sorry for myself. Been living with this for three years and only getting worse.
teacher61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote