View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Dr. Woods is considered by most as the number 1 or 2 best ortho surgeon in OC / Riverside area. However, he is also somewhat defense oriented. Having said that, on two cases I had, he was very applicant sided! I think the best ortho surgeon is Dr. Danzig, but he is very defense oriented in his reports. Anopther great surgeon is Dr. Carlos Prietto.

I can't write out all of my AME suggestions (as a friend for the millionth time) but I would suggest that you make sure ahead of time that your attorney gets ALL of your med reports in order and to him. (This should have already been done about a month ago.) You'd check this by going in and asking to see the meds report list prepared by the secretary. You'd match that to your own records or memory. You'd supplement what wasn't there.

Make sure you giave an accurate history to the AME's historian. If the person doesn't ask you an important question / fact, make sure to give it to the person anyways.

In CA you can't take a witness or a tape in with you, unless the doc allows it which is unusual and would be taken as weird / paranoid.

The AME is either deciding ALL issues, or on occasion just a limited issue. Thus, the AME has a LOT of power - more than the other docs, by your own agreement via your attorney. So you don't want to offend, alienate or otherwise prejudice this person or staff. Thus you'd be polite, listen carefully to questions, don't talk bad about other docs (you can state a disagreement with opinions without showing malice), wear comfortable, clean, "pull-up" type clothes. Don't wear a jewelry. Don't say you "can't" do something when it's actually PAINFUL to do it. But, if you cannot do something, like when I get that paralysis, then that it "can't." Use your pain scale of 1-10. Try not to cry - you don't want to be described as hysterical. Try not to refuse things - like some people would come in all wrapped up in gauze and refuse to take it off, or refuse to let someone touch them. That all ends up seeming like the person has a mental problem, rather than what we all have.

Make sure to get your report and read every word - if there is a fact wrong, tell your attorney. Ask your attorney to explain anything you don't understand and especially what it rates, what your restrictions are. Most AME reports can take 60 days to be typed up. Often one will see an AME twice - not every time is one made "Permanent and Stationary" (done with active treatment and improvement) the first time they are seen. Sometimes the AME wants more info. or more treatment.

Anyways, if you have questions, feel free to call me as a friend, I think you've got my number.

For everyone, ask your attorney to advise you on the AME issues / how to handle it / how it affects your case. Anything I say is just as a friend and is not legal advice.

Good luck!!!!

Last edited by tshadow; 06-09-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: misspell
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote