View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 12:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Tonight we went to Cracker Barrel to eat supper. Our paper and news has been letting us know what places were doing special things for Veterans Day and Cracker Barrel was not one listed. We tend to avoid them because they are very crowded. So when we get to the door they have a sign that they were offering free coca cola chocolate cake and ice cream to all veterans. So I tell the waitress Charlie would want that. She acted surprised. She said she had forgotten about that and she should have offering it to all her tables. So when it came time to ask for dessert I reminded her about the free dessert for him. So after a good long wait she brings this piece of white cake that looked like a typical sheet cake. Charlie told her that the offer was chocolate cake. She kind of looked at us like 'what do you want me to do about it?'. Finally she got the message that this was not what he wanted and to PLEASE get the other cake. We even showed her the picture that was on the table. So she goes back and tells us that that is what they gave her to serve. When a man thinks he is getting free chocolate cake, he wants chocolate cake, not dry sheet cake and no ice cream. So I convince her one more time that the offer is chocolate cake and that was the offer so go get it. Eventually she comes back and says that yeas they have the chocolate cake but there is a charge for it. I am surprised Charlie held is temper because by this time I was not. So we just got up and left to pay the bill. The cashier asked me if everything was fine and I told her what happened. She immediately calls for a manager who apologised for the waitress and got him a carry out container. It was a much bigger piece of cake, very moist and very good. Ice cream was awful. I hope he talked to our waitress.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-13-2014), Kitty (11-12-2014), LoveCats (11-12-2014), SallyC (11-12-2014)