View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome!

I had surgery almost 10 years ago and am worse as a result, so take my comments from that perspective.

I had to sleep in a separate bed for about two months because I was up and down all night. Over time, I have changed my sleeping position so that I am almost sitting upright when I sleep. If I sleep with fewer pillows, the pain and pressure in my head spikes horribly. I think buying a wedge pillow is a good idea. You may find it helpful for you.

I have a seven month old grandson now and I find the lifting and the holding really problematic. I can pick him up okay once but if I do it throughout a visit I end up bedridden with a migraine to boot. You'll need to play it by ear with the lifting. I would say it would be a couple of months at a minimum. Have your partner bring the baby to you and you can probably "hold" him with lots of pillows propped under your arms.

I don't mean to freak you out by suggesting you will have the same experience. With any luck you'll have a much better outcome.

It's good you are thinking of these things now. My advice: do less than you think you can; take it slow; never push though the pain -- TOS doesn't work that way.

Good luck,
Kelly
kellysf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote