Thread: Swelling
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My legs have been swelling. Saw the physiatrist yesterday, and he said that it's because I'm not very active at all. I started an exercise program about two and a half weeks ago. My dad is a patient at the cardiac center that's run by the hospital that he used to work at. Found out by accident that they'll take non-patients into their prevention program. (my dad is in the cardiac rehab program).

So, I started their exercise program. The physiatrist said it might help to lower the swelling to do some exercises. He said doing just about anything I could would help. Told me doing heel raises helps the circulation in the legs. More active you are, the better it should be. If I notice any improvements, I'll update. I hate the swollen ankles. Not sure if the sensation of my upper legs being swollen is real or not, since my legs don't really look swollen at the knees. But my knees keep banging into each other like they might be swollen. I think it's the weak and fumbly muscles. Hoping it goes away soon.

Are you able to do exercises?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (11-18-2014), LoveCats (11-13-2014), SallyC (11-18-2014)