View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdggal1980 View Post
Good morning,

I'm new to this board and was hoping for some insight. I have attached a photo too; please let me know what you think:

I had left foot reconstruction surgery in July and August. About 3 weeks ago I started with the stabbing, burning pain, spasms, hypersensitivity (water in shower can't directly hit the foot), off and on sweating, blotchy coloring on foot (red/purple), swelling & I am still numb from about mid foot to toes (bottom only). The foot doctor put me on Lyrica which I've been taking for about a week and haven't noticed much of a difference. I'm going to a pain management doctor tomorrow and hopefully he can confirm whether or not this is CRPS and start treating it.

So what do you think? Does it sound like it could be CRPS? I know no one can diagnose it over the internet but just based on some of your past experiences could it be? My PT seems to think it may be as well.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA!
Hi, I have CRPS in both feet. It started in my right foot after tendon surgery. What you describe and the picture both seem like CRPS to me. I had most of the symptoms you describe early on and still have some today. My PT was one of the first people to recognize my symptoms as CRPS too. It's great that you are seeing a Pain Doc tomorrow. There are several different treatments available and I hope you find this Doc professional, compassionate and very experienced in treating CRPS. Someone you connect with and trust will make all the difference in getting and keeping you as pain and symptom free as possible. Would love to hear how things turn out for you! Good luck!
deb b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote