View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Yes, Epsom salt soaking helps with the inflammatory response which in turn will reduce scar tissue formation (scarring of soft tissue increases pain and stiffness), this will also reduce pressure upon nerves due to swelling/inflammation and increase circulation which is needed in order to heal. Your body needs proper circulation of blood flow in order to heal. You can give your body a little help by using epsom salt soaks, massage, physical therapy, rest, moist heat and even by using compression socks and or KT tape - all good measures regardless of whether or not you have CRPS.

Based on you and mrsD's advice i got a foot bath and some epsom salts and have done a 20-30 minute soak everyday. It's hard to say anything conclusively but it seems to have decreased by symptoms by about 10-30%. Which, as i'm increasingly thankful for, were (are) mild.

So a big thanks to both of you.

In regards to my original topic, the only two things that seem to cause an increase are time of day (its worse in evening) and some foods (maybe i should try the CRPS diet).
HarryDresden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (11-13-2014), mrsD (11-13-2014)