View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareb View Post
Hi, I am a 47 yr old mum with long standing Lupus/UCTD - mostly mild. In the last 2 years, I have been experiencing burning on the inside of my arms. This is worse during flares but constant generally. Aggravated by swallowing bulky foods & yawning for some reason. Lately I have been experiencing a feeling of ice cold water on the back of my thigh which is becoming more significant (no flare currently) I also have a weak diaphragm - cause unknown. My B12 is on the low side of normal and my WBC is always quite low but all other tests are normal including SFEMG & NCS done in April 2014. The latter was done to exclude MG as I fatigue/weaken quickly. My hips have become chronically sore and this is worsened with exercise, not sure if this is related to anything. If it is neuropathy, do I need to flag it up or just wait and see? I take Prednisolone 10mg/day & Mycophenolate 1.5g/day. I am keen to avoid more Dr's attention but also don't want to ignore something that needs to be resolved.

I would be grateful for anyone's thoughts. Many thanks. Clare
Hi Clareb, I have PN and relate to the cold feelings. Sounds like you have a number of challenges and it might be time to revisit with your Doc and do a comprehensive check up. Don't ignore things for too long! Please let us know how things turn out! Ps....I love how you state "I am keen to avoid more Dr's attention"......well said! Where are you from? Deb
deb b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote