View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna. Your last sentence made me chuckle. I have been using a prescription antiseptic mouth rinse. He did not mention anything about my sinuses. He did have to really work to get the tooth out. It was a really large tooth with long roots. He thinks that the soreness is from all of the wiggling and tugging. He did mention that it could be the start of a dry socket, but that it didn't look like one yet. He put something in there to help moisten the area. I can't remember what it was called but I think it started with an A and there was a G in there somewhere He also said it could be that there is a fracture in there. The area right above my teeth is bowed out, hard, red, sore. He said it didn't feel like a fracture. I'm going to request an xray today.

When I first saw my original dentist back in July, he thought, based on my xray, that tooth 13 was the problem. The vitality test pointed to tooth 14. I had 14 extracted. 13 has been feeling pretty tender. I was assuming that it was because it got agitated during the extraction. Now I am wondering if I also have an abscess in 13. The cheekbone pain I am feeling now is very similar to the cheekbone pain I felt in July.

He gave me a prescription for pain meds the day of the extraction. I didn't have to use any pain meds until yesterday. I had severe throbbing. Today I still have swelling, but so far no pain.
Buster23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote