View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb b View Post
Hi Clareb, I have PN and relate to the cold feelings. Sounds like you have a number of challenges and it might be time to revisit with your Doc and do a comprehensive check up. Don't ignore things for too long! Please let us know how things turn out! Ps....I love how you state "I am keen to avoid more Dr's attention"......well said! Where are you from? Deb
My thanks to you and mrsD. Is your PN progressive and have you identified a cause? How were you diagnosed? I live in the UK. We're so lucky to have the NHS - my care & countless expensive drugs have cost just £104/yr. The downside is the huge budgetary constraints and lack of control that we have over our care. Private medicine is quite small scale here and facilities limited.

The suggestion of my drugs being the cause is very plausible. Consultants are very reluctant however to entertain these thoughts - I had many lesser documented side effects from Methotrexate, Stemetil, iron infusions and even Penicillin! Lupus people are ridiculously intolerant of drugs.

Thank you once again. Clare
Clareb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote