Thread: Swelling
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I use these compression stockings called EdemaWear. http://www.compressiondynamics.com/edemawear.php

My aunt that lives across the street from us introduced me and my parents to the EdemaWear. She worked with the doctor that developed them. They were invented here in Omaha. I love the EdemaWear. First started wearing them when I hurt my knee a few years ago. Then realized that when I'm wearing them, it can help some of the neurological pain from numbness sometimes. Not sure how it does that. I think it distracts me from the neuro pain.

So, I tend to wear them when I have extra annoying numbness, and when the swelling is really bad.

My dad had to wear the EdemaWear when he was in the hospital earlier this year, because his edema had gotten so bad, that his legs had doubled in size. He was so full of fluid, his legs were visibly leaking fluid, and his skin was peeling in places.

The EdemaWear is a heck of a lot more comfortable than the other compression stockings I've tried. It feels good enough that I'd wear it for fun...as long as I'm wearing long pants. I don't like people thinking that I'm wearing fishnets. (it looks similar to fishnet stockings)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (11-17-2014), SallyC (11-13-2014)