View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 04:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neuro appt next week, advice please on labwork

I have my neuro followup Monday. I have new ( or just worse) symptoms in left hand/forearm. Tremor, easily fatigued, visible atrophy in muscles compared with my dominant right hand. I had an emg/ncs on my LUE in June 2014 which was "normal."

I am charting out my labs through Liza Jane's spreadsheets. Most of the neuronal antibody tests have not been checked. Are they pre-screened through the ANA (anti-nucleic antibodies?) I've had my ANA checked at least once a year for 12 yrs. I was low-positive once (1:80) 12 yrs ago. Since then, within normal limits. I did test positive for acetylcholine ganglionic receptor antibodies last year (autonomic NS.) Should I just request the whole gamut of neuronal tests be done? I have sensory involvement with motor showing up later to the party.

I feel like I am trying to stop a train by myself.
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote