Thread: New symptoms
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New symptoms

Hope it's okay to make a new thread. Had a concussion almost 2 months ago. Had headaches for a few days, followed by a "heavy" feeling right arm. Later it was my right arm and leg, and they would have intermittent tingling.

Now the tingling has gone away, and my headaches are constant but extremely mild and usually just in one spot on the head (thought it travels around). Now for the past week or so I wake up with my triceps burning. The pain is not crazy, but it's certainly very unpleasant. This usually goes away after I get up and moving around. Also, the weird heavy feeling moves around to my other limbs. Yesterday I had a weird pain in the base of my penis for the whole day. But now, most disturbingly, the burning pain is in my left tricep only--this started today-and my left pinky, middle, and ring fingers are involuntarily closing up toward my palm when I face my palms up.

This is all so strange and I'm wondering if this concussion has caused some sort of neuropathy, fibromyalgia, or something. I know these are very uneducated guesses, but if anyone can give me some places to look for info I would appreciate it.

I also went to a neuro a couple days ago, and since I didn't have any cognitive or balance symptoms, he dismissed my weak/heavy limbs and prescribed me gabapentin, which I take before bed and has no effect.

Thanks for listening.

I still have hope that this will all blow over soon.
headmusic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote