Thread: Grieving
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Grieving

I was wondering if anyone else has felt like they are grieving because of CRPS/RSD. I feel as if I have been grieving the loss of my life before this condition. Maybe it is because I am/was a hospice nurse and I am very familiar with the stages of grief.

Honestly some things are shallow for example, the closet full of shoes I am unable to wear. I never realized how much I would miss walking my dogs and talking with my neighbors along the way. Or being able to have a long, hot shower. Or all the clothes I am unable to wear. Being able to drive to the grocery store by myself and do my shopping. When I am out in public I feel like I spend more time trying to protect my legs from being touched than enjoying myself. For many years I have used nurse, as a way to describe who I am and honestly that has been the hardest to give up.

I do have a wonderful support system, but as much as the say they understand there is no way they really understand what it is like everyday. That is why it helps so much to have this site. Knowing that I am not alone in fighting this battle that there are others that truly understand is encouraging. Reading the stories of those of you who have faced this for years and are still fighting gives me hope. Thank you for allowing me to express myself and thank you for giving me something to look forward to.
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-20-2014)