View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 12:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up Happy to have found you all!

Hi everyone!

I've had a vp shunt for NP Hydrocephalus for 8 years. I had an emergency revision on 10-1-14 after I woke my wife by scream the F-word and holding my head at 4 a.m. I have nearly no memory of any of it. I began to slip in and out of consciousness so my 110lb wife somehow dressed me, guided my 225lb frame downstairs and into the car to get me to the hospital. I apparently was able to argue against an ambulance.

Well 6 weeks later I have the pains. This time it's stabbing around my 5th rib on my left side, stabbing around the left clavicle, and occasional soreness of my testicles.

Until I stumpled upon this forum I was under the impression that my pains were unique. I felt them when I had my first shunt put it. The doctors eventually decided to shorten the tube a bit, which worked perfectly. But I still felt like I was going crazy. It is so comforting to know that there are so many of you who can relate. Today was a tough day for me. The worst, pain wise, and I just got extremely depressed. But finding this forum is a glimmer of hope!
Rynohanley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (11-14-2014), Lara (11-14-2014)