View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
I get pains in my rib cage that feel like it is being squeezed, people with MS call these "hugs", and it is a very good description. I have Baclofen for these and to reduce the number of muscle spasms I get. I also have symptoms of pudendal neuropathy, so yes it can progress to the trunk. The pain, pins and needles, numbness, and reduced sensation have progressed for me to hip level and upper arms. If I turn the shower unbearably hot I cannot feel it below my lower back.
I have hereditary neuropathy (CMT) and it is progressive.
Ty for your reply.

That sounds very similar to what I get. A lot of times they feel like they are around my ribs, either towards the front or on my sides. They feel stabbing, sharp, and intense. They only last < 10 seconds but they hurt! I have a vague dx of "anti-sulfatide antibidy related peripheral neuropathy". I've had MRIs of my spine before +/- contrast to r/o MS.

But I also get stinging, burning sensations in my upper back. Sometimes they shoot down the length of my back. Other times, it feels like someone is taking a cauterizer or a hot rod and is searing it into my skin around the back of my shoulder blades.

I wonder if there are other diseases besides MS that you can get these "hug" like sensations?
JHop11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote