View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 01:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Called the Hayward office. They said Steve is the therapist who deals with the TOS patients. Anyone seen him? Any experience (good or bad)?
I have been seeing him during the last year. He is a pretty decent guy. The main reason to see him would be that he is very familiar with the Edgelow protocol (which is what my doctor at Stanford recommended highly for TOS physical therapy). I don't know of anyone else as good as him for the Edgelow protocol.

For the Edgelow protocol, there isn't that many regular visits as your regular physical therapy (twice a week?) and not many manual massages or similar. The most I've seen him is once a week mainly to ensure I am doing the exercises right. I use his suggestions and the Edgelow protocol DVD to do my exercises.

I used to see a regular physical therapist for TOS and in my experience a lot of them treat it along the lines of neck disc issues. The Edgelow protocol has a slightly different approach. So your decision should be more about whether you want to follow this approach and if you do, Steve is your best bet.
DufusMaximus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote