View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang1 View Post
I started having problems with my shoulder starting in approximately in March 2014. I couldn't lift my arm straight out in front of me without pain.
Long story short, I ended up having a tumor based at the brain stem that had wrapped around the accessory nerve. The neurosurgeon said he only saw one end of the nerve and he cut it to remove the rest of the tumor. This was in July 2014. My arm/shoulder seems worse now, very painful. I essentially don't a have an accessory nerve.
I've been doing research and have read some on the Eden Lange Procedure. Has anyone had this procedure done and if so did it help with pain and can you use it more? Is there any functions you lose with this procedure?
I recently had an EMG which confirmed damage to my spinal accessory nerve. According to the EMG results, the prognosis is poor the nerve will recover. They plan to repeat the EMG in 3 months and if there is still no nerve activity, I would need to have the Eden Lange procedure to regain use of my shoulder.

Looks like we are in the same boat.
Cattle Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote