View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

HI Mark-

Thanks for your feedback. greatly appreciated.

Yes i continue to get tired early on. I just have not been able to sleep more than 4-5 hours a night (at most) since March of this year. I think this is related to the Tinnitus that can at times be difficult to cope with.

I don't prepare to go to sleep until around 11pm and then i usually fall asleep however the problem is waking up early (usually 4 am) after having fallen asleep at 1am-ish.

Also my Tinnitus is only in my right ear. It's a huge mystery as my hearing is normal for the most part. Perhaps it's related to the jaw/chin which also took a blow and am now left with clicking sound in that right ear when i open my jaw.

This was my first ever concussion. I'm not sure how long i was knocked out for, maybe only a few seconds however the accident was very severe and instead of being 30 i feel like i'm 60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
"They say that what's not healed in 12 months becomes Chronic or life-long."

This is not a valid statement. There are lots of such statements about concussions. Many here on NT have seen fabulous improvements in their second or later years.

Duration of sleep and quality of sleep (REM sleep) both impact fatigue issues.

The light issue may just be what is called sundowning. It refers to later in the day after a routine number of hours have elapsed since the last sleep period. I bet that you would do better if you were getting better sleep.

What are you doing during those hours where you would usually be sleeping ?

How long before going to sleep do you start preparing to go to sleep ?
martin82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote