Thread: MG questions
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 03:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default MG questions

Hi all,
I'm new here and have a few MG questions. I am waiting for an "MG panel" that my dr ordered on me to result, but have a few questions in the meantime.

I know that a hallmark of MG is that you feel better after resting, but my question is how long does that take? My muscles get tired VERY easily. I do tend to push myself, but then I am tired and even more easily fatigued the next day or two (depending on how far I pushed myself the day before). Sometimes I feel better after a short rest (if I am only slightly weak), sometimes it takes a few days to feel better if I pushed myself too hard.

Also, I'm not always fully charged when I wake up. I am on Cymbalta and I think that is causing me to have night sweats. I'm waking up in the morning very very hot and overheated; I think this might be why I don't feel great getting out of bed.

Another weird thing is that when I wake up (hot!), my left eyelid stays shut when my right opens. Not glued shut, just doesn't open. It does open slowly as I get out of bed, cool down and get going. I have been complaining that my eyes feel like they have to work to focus and everyone tells me lately how tired I look. I think this is because my eyes are not super droopy- just droopy enough that I look like I have a headache or am tired.

What does your muscle fatigue feel like? Sometimes, my muscles just feel tired. I had to cancel a date with my friend last weekend because my arms felt too weak to turn the steering wheel. Other times, my muscles shake (like at the end of a really strenuous workout). Is this what it's like for you guys?

Sorry for the long post- hope you all are well and thanks to anyone who has the time to reply.

Barb
lotusflwr952 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-15-2014)