View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 04:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo3 View Post
You'll need to actively find ways to combat the tremor. Since it's a resting tremor, I find that just moving my hand, or opening and closing it, tends to stop the tremor. If you can, try to close your eyes, take deep breaths, and focus on something like you would when meditating (that works well for me). I know you tried it, but I've heard many people anecdotally saying that cannabis works (there was a research study that came out yesterday to that effect).

My last thought is, have you tried Amantadine? It does help me, albeit mildly, with my tremor. I've had not side effects from it, either.

Gary
Gary, thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I can't tell you how much better I feel just knowing someone understands!

I will try your suggestions. I do notice that when I'm focused on something the tremor subsides quite a bit temporarily -- a little like the meditative state you mention. I do yoga and that helps too.

I haven't tried Amantadine yet but will look into it further. Do you have a link to the research study on cannabis? I'm curious why it didn't work for me. Maybe there are strains, other than the CBD one I tried, that might better help tremor and I shouldn't give up on it quite yet.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that taking a Benadryl seems to help somewhat but it also puts me to sleep so it's not really a solution. A glass of wine also slows the tremors down a little bit but I don't want to start drinking on the job!

I guess the truth is I'm still thrashing around frantically searching for that magic bullet. I just want it to all go away.

Joanne
joanne721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote