View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Unhappy

When Sheba was very old she was checked for diabetes.

There is a blog on Google about a ginger tom with diabetes getting B12 too. I can't recall its name now.

He may have lost the weight due to diabetes... that is one of the signs. But the high grain content in low cal kibble here in the states is thought today to cause inflammation of the GI tract leading to low B12 that way. You can Google that too...that is why there are some good grain free foods available here for cats.

When Oreo was on her last year, with the chemo for her cancer I crushed a methylcobalamin and put it in her whipped cream, twice a week. (that was her snack). She accepted it, and it really perked her up. The vet even remarked about it. I think it helped her live that last year, and still be active and relatively normal. (she was 15 when she died--we put her to sleep when her two tumors suddenly got large within days--she became very weak within days!)

Here is another link:

I suppose he could have hurt himself jumping down? But not likely. Sheba's feet never did anything like that and she was older than this cat. Old cats also go into kidney failure. No hope for treatment for that either... so it is euthanasia for that too.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (11-15-2014)