View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 06:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

After rereading the thread, I'm wondering if you ever saw the xray? If so, was there any white material showing outside the bottom of the tooth? Were the canals filled to where they were solid and all the say to the tip of the tooth?

One initial concern about Sargenti is that the canals are not filled all the way to the end or there are voids in the filling. There has been a school of thought around some of the Sargenti using community that since the formaldehyde gasses can go thru the tooth, you don't need to worry about filling them properly....not the truth.

I'm glad that your RA type symptoms went away and I'm glad you found a bonafide OS to do it. There isn't much support for biological/holistic dentists in the dental community and I will admit that I wouldn't use one myself.

If Sargenti Paste (by whatever name) was used on you, you need to find a lawyer. Im not a sue happy person but there are many dentists who would use this crap if not for the fear of litigation. And, thankfully, some insurance companies will not cover a dentist for malpractice if they use this material. They attempt to get around it by coating the outside of the canal with Sargenti and then filling it with the standard of care material guttal percha. It doesn't matter. The sargenti is a part of the permanent filling material and IMHO, in the worst place where the formaldehyde can seep out of the tooth. If you had an overfill (material outside the tooth), the consequences are much worse.

When I was injured, a lot of the dental community believed that it was no longer used...including an OS in NJ who said "No one uses that anymore except in 3rd world countries"....well, welcome to the USA, a third world country. These dentists don't want to be exposed, if you watched the NBC video, you saw that they don't tell their patients. Most settle out of court to keep their secret safe. In a recent newsletter of the Sargenti group they said that they need to stop settling cases and let Sargenti Paste stand on its own in the court system. LOL! But, this does tell me that there are people continuing to be injured by it and once discovered, sue. Its not easy to find a lawyer who will take a dental malpractice suit but I can get you in touch with someone who will. As I said, I'm not sue happy but this is different. The OS who did my surgery kept telling me "GO FIND A LAWYER, I DON'T POINT FINGERS BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT, GO FIND A LAWYER".

BTW- most dentist use diluted household bleach to disinfect the canals before they fill them. It works for probably 99.9% of the legitimate root canals. Sargenti dentists are frequently of the belief that they don't have to disinfect before they fill because the formaldehyde filling will do that for them and allow them to skip that step. All that said, its hard to tell what one sargenti dentist does vs another since they live in a closet.

I could write a book.

Last edited by pained; 11-16-2014 at 11:16 AM.
pained is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote