View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 07:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

OK, last post (I hope). I have too much info rattling around in my brain about this to be able to get the pertinent parts out in a single post.

Sargenti Paste (aka all those other names I mentioned) is advertised by its proponents to have a "disinfecting" period of 7-10 days....so, in other words, the formaldehyde, which is a fixative, will continue to seep into the tissue/nerve/bone that it comes in contact with for those 7-10 days creating more and more damage. This is in contrast to an acid burn where your tissue will attempt to create a crust (or barrier) to stop the penetration. this is why they use formaldehyde for embalming. And the % of formaldehyde in sargenti paste is well within the range of embalming materials. Remember those frogs in biology class...they never came back to life!!!

This "disinfecting" was clear to me after my root canal when my lip and chin started off being numb and over the next week was turning to horrific burning...and where it now stays 9+ years later. My inferior alveolar nerve was burned (nerve runs below bottom molars and feeds sensation to the lip, chin and gums). And oh what a joy my life has become. This root canal ruined me physically, mentally, financially.....and all this from what I thought was going to be a run of the mill procedure.

OK, I have a soap box the size of montana about this. I just want other people to know what I wish someone had told me. It isn't right that this is allowed to go on and us not know about it. Unless you frequent the AAE web site or watch Good Morning America, Dateline or 60 minutes in the early 90's, I'm not sure how you are supposed to know about this. I have those news stories but I can't post them because of copyright and I cant get those networks to respond to my requests. You think as bad as their reports were on this material, they would want to revisit this and tell some more of us about it.

This is bad stuff. I can write a book!
pained is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote