View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have just done some investigating and endured a long conversation.

He's actually 19, not 18.
He's on a renal diet. His kidney function is OK now since starting this renal diet, whatever that means.

He was on the low calorie special diet but that was stopped 5 years ago.

He definitely does not have diabetes.

I checked what was in the renal diet and told them to check for corn.
No corn the owner said. I looked at it myself and there you go... maize.

Maize this and maize that, gluten this and gluten that. I said there is corn in the food. No. 1 ingredient. (just an aside I just went looking at all the other animal food in the pantry and the dog food has No. 3 ingredient - sugar. Say what?)

Anyway owner said no, it's maize. I said ummm, maize is corn. lol sheesh

Owner "no it's not, it's wheat". Me "maize is corn". Owner "Hang on a sec, I'll go look it up".

I thought about the cat hurting himself jumping down but it seems as if it's something else to me.

After hearing about the last couple of years of medical history, I think this strange weakness/change in the front feet is connected. Just my feeling after reading what is in this vet prescribed renal diet.

Great idea about the crushed up B12. I'll suggest that.

I'll let you know how Spotty gets on when he goes to the vet. I think his days are numbered really. I still think he's in pain, but owner doesn't seem to think that is the case.

thanks so much. Good to have someone to talk to about this as talking to the owner feels a lot like this ...

Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-15-2014)