View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Propranolol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne721 View Post
Gary, thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I can't tell you how much better I feel just knowing someone understands!

I will try your suggestions. I do notice that when I'm focused on something the tremor subsides quite a bit temporarily -- a little like the meditative state you mention. I do yoga and that helps too.

I haven't tried Amantadine yet but will look into it further. Do you have a link to the research study on cannabis? I'm curious why it didn't work for me. Maybe there are strains, other than the CBD one I tried, that might better help tremor and I shouldn't give up on it quite yet.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that taking a Benadryl seems to help somewhat but it also puts me to sleep so it's not really a solution. A glass of wine also slows the tremors down a little bit but I don't want to start drinking on the job!

I guess the truth is I'm still thrashing around frantically searching for that magic bullet. I just want it to all go away.

Joanne
Propranolol (also known as Inderal) is typically prescribed for essential tremor. But I have found it quite useful in mollifying stress-induce pd tremor. It is used often by classical musicians in stressful situations (auditions, solos, etc.). As a generic it is very inexpensive and certainly worth a try.

Jon
aquario is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Betsy859 (11-16-2014), curem (03-22-2015), joanne721 (11-17-2014), soccertese (12-04-2014)