View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!

Debbie - An upstairs bathroom would make me nervous too. Poise would be my new best friend. I hope all goes well with the remodel.

Barb - I'm so sorry you have to wait to get your results. Hopefully you will hear something tomorrow. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Doydie - I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet. I know a lot of people who have started already.

DD24 went out of town today and so I'm hanging out with DD23. We're going to make decals to go above the baby's crib. His bedding is whale themed so she wants to do a sailboat with his name on the boat. She drew up the design already and we now need to scale it to the size she wants and then transfer it to the "decal" paper. It's actually contact/shelving paper that you can paint on. I use it a lot for stencils for my paintings. I have some special varnish to go on top of the paint. We did a test run with smaller pieces and it stuck really well to the wall. She invited the baby's other grandma to come visit and help if she wants.

I have a question for those of you in more humid weather. My apartment smells musty and kind of like mildew. I am so sensitive to it and it irritates my allergies so much. Do any of you have tips on dealing with the smell? I called the apartment manager and the maintenance guy couldn't find where the smell was coming from other than my neighbor next door had a leak and they repaired all of that so it shouldn't still smell in my apartment. In the mornings, I open up all the windows and turn on the fan on the central a/c-heating unit to help air the place out and circulate some of the air. But, during the night, my allergies go crazy from the smell. I wake up miserable in the morning. Any ideas and tips would be great because I'm at a loss right now.

I hope you all have a great day!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (11-17-2014), Kitty (11-16-2014), LoveCats (11-17-2014), SallyC (11-16-2014)