View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
That's good. I had breathing problems when I was young, but now think that is part of what led me to ending up with TOS. I worry about my own daughter getting it...
If you've had breathing issues that caused you to breathe in a shallow manner, then it could definitely be the cause of your issues. Think about it - the average person takes 15 to 20,000 breaths a day. If you are using muscles that aren't meant to be the primary breathing muscles (scalenes, pec minor, etc.) They are going to tighten up and possibly become very painful. I'm convinced this was and is my issue. However, it's a very hard concept to wrap your head around unless you've dug into understanding how this could be the case.

In a way, I'm thankful that I've gone through and am going through all of this so that my daughter can avoid the pain I've endured. Our breathing dysfunction seems to something passed down through heredity, although my parents and others were at a disadvantage of not having information readily available (the net).
dawgilama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote