View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Can you explain exactly what your two surgeries were in that area?

Appendectomy and exploratory laproscopy 09/2013 Resulted in chronic truncal pain (band of pain including rib area). Several cysts on spine that have been told are incidental.

Removal of intrabdominal mass for possible pain relief (thought to be pancreatic, but attached to splenic vein) 06/30/2014 Splenic vein clotted, lost 2 pints of blood. Mass was thought to be possibly scar tissue.

Did you have mesh implanted there? NO

Did you apply the mag lotion to the surgical areas? Surgical areas did not hurt except first couple of weeks after and had the least problem from them. The Epsom salts bath help for a little while after.

How many endoscopies have you had in that upper GI area?

EGD 08/2013 Normal no problem-decided appendectomy due to fecalith and belly button pain. Appendix was inflamed and distended. Surgeon had to remove scar tissue for C-section 1999 to get to appendix.

EUS 05/02/2014 resulted in esophageal tear. Was given Livequan unknowingly for prophylaxis-apparently a standard of care?
Now have gurgling/frog sounding noises after lying flat for an hour.

Had another EGD/Ph study 08/07/2014 that revealed sliding hiatal hernia where tear was. Ph study revealed little to no reflux.

Pills get stuck at GE junction and have to drink lots of water-found this out with barium swallow study 09/2014

I'd also stop the NAC... it has potential for side effects. TY

If your problems are surgically induced, I don't see how you will
be able to correct that. TY I am not sure if they are, or immune system way down.

I think 5,000mcg of B12 is enough. TY, B12 after surgery was 423, checked after numbness/tingling at night to feet 07-17-2014, Electric buzzing, tingling numb from knees down and elbows down 08-07-2014 continues with burning now, vibrations, electric charges all over body: mostly arms, legs, trucal area, and back.

Have you been tested for hepatitis? All negative Hep C? Negative

dirty endoscopes:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/805801
you have to join to view this link....but it is free, and easy to do.

http://www.edwardsragatz.com/dirty-e...rbug-outbreak/

Use "dirty endoscopes" as a Google search.
Yes, these articles were very helpful.

Both antibiotic and last endoscopy were 10 weeks away from first symptoms.

Noteworthy: excellent health. 1st surgery slow truncal pain, but chronic developed. 2nd surgery neuropathy pain developed after 3 weeks.

Thank you for all your kindness and help. I have been very aggressive with this due to pain, possible pancreatic mass, and then more pain.

I have more problems now, and still with the chronic pain I started with. Since no one can find a cause, my husband said that I should have never gone to the doctors to begin with.
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote