View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I have a question for those of you in more humid weather. My apartment smells musty and kind of like mildew. I am so sensitive to it and it irritates my allergies so much. Do any of you have tips on dealing with the smell? I called the apartment manager and the maintenance guy couldn't find where the smell was coming from other than my neighbor next door had a leak and they repaired all of that so it shouldn't still smell in my apartment. In the mornings, I open up all the windows and turn on the fan on the central a/c-heating unit to help air the place out and circulate some of the air. But, during the night, my allergies go crazy from the smell. I wake up miserable in the morning. Any ideas and tips would be great because I'm at a loss right now.

I hope you all have a great day!
Tricia there must be dampness in the air from somewhere. Have they checked your air ducts and vents to see if any mildew or mold is growing?

You might want to try something called Damp Rid. I have found it at the grocery and at drug stores.

http://www.damprid.com/

I've only used the kind that hang because I can put them on the shower rod and they dry out the bathroom. I've really had a lot of success with them.

I think they come in little cups, too, that you can place throughout the house but I wouldn't use those if you have any pets that might get into them.

I hope you can find a solution. Mildew and mold are smelly and also dangerous.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LoveCats (11-17-2014), SallyC (11-16-2014), tkrik (11-17-2014)