Old 11-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFencer View Post
Hi everyone:
It's been a gazillion years sine I've written but I have to whine. I've had to retire from fencing because the mandatory seatback height of my chair rubs right up against my back fusion and leaves me in pain the next day. It's like the old bit, "Doctor it hurts when I do this. Then don't do that."

Robin and I bought a mobile home in a 55+ park. The bigger the Grandkids get the smaller this house becomes and I am having trouble climbing the stairs. We are blowing it out to the 4 walls and rebuilding it. New appliances (every one, dual pane windows, washer, dryer, AC unit, Tankless water heater, furnace, granite countertops, and I get to buy a golf cart to get around the grounds. http://www.newfrontiercommunities.com/

I switched to going to the Y from the Challenge Center because cost became an issue. I go 3 times a week and use what can best be described as a seated Nordic-trak machine for 30 minutes. My new hobby is falling.

OK, now to the issue. When I'm at the Y I feel my old normal self, joking, etc. I get home and it's the Scotties and me and we're going to have to make "that" appointment for them soon. I am just incredibly sad but can't seem to cry. It's frustrating as hell. I'm even having thoughts about doing something but I love being around my grandchildren too much, and I'm afraid I might miss something. I'm being treated like the invisible person more at home and all I want to do is sleep. Oh, when we move I was thinking of getting a webcam to do Skype with friends in the US and UK. Anyone here Skype? Discuss

Hey Fencer,

Just a thought; might be good to invite a friend or two from the Y to come over and visit every now and again. This would probably take your mind off "things" and others will get to see the old normal self they probably don't often see at home.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-18-2014), Lara (12-02-2014), PamelaJune (11-17-2014)