View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 12:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Went Crazy, Now I am back.. Advice? Was it the drugs..

So this past few weeks I have had my headaches come back on full force and even worse than the start of this whole mess, waking up at night head pounding. Only thing that changed is a "polar vortex" here and the temperature dropped to -20 - 30. Now its back to seasonal, above zero and the headaches have given up a quite a bit.

The only confusing factor is that about 3 weeks ago I started getting these headaches and shortly there after was put on the anti depressant Pristiq, it didnt seem to have much of an effect at all, but I was wondering could the headaches 2 weeks later be related to the drug? I also take Lyrica which made a world of difference initially with headaches and neck pain.

The SCARIEST thing was about a week and a half or two weeks after getting on pristiq I began to have Panic attacks, related to nothing, my mind was still but my Heart was racing and I had this overwhelming feeling of doom, to the point I couldnt deal with anything at all, it was all I could do to have a conversation with someone it was so overwhelming, calmed breathing meditation did nothing for it, I cant figure out why it would do that, its also confusing me as to was the true cause the drug or could that also be related to the weather and the generally feeling unwell, just wondering if anyone had a similar experience?

Against DR advice I stopped the pristiq and feel somewhat normal, actually today, I feel good, I am taking the advice finally of the smart ones on here and trying not to overdo it even though I feel good. Hopefully with all your help I can get a clearer picture of what is taking place!

Thanks as Always for reading, it helps me a ton to hear from similar people with similar experiences.
MVTBI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote