View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 02:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cervical issues and PN

I know this is an old post, but felt compelled to respond. I started having burning and tingling in my feet about 15 years ago at age 40. My primary made a couple of stabs at what it might be. I wasn't diabetic then, or now. He thought it might be cold foot syndrome, too young for PN. In about 2003 my complaints got me a prescription for Gabapentin which got bumped up to 1800mg a day. I was still in a mind set I would get better. My balance was getting impaired and on a visit to my primary I joked about how I was going to need a note from him to show police should I have to ever do a field sobriety test. He was shocked. I soon saw a couple of Neurologists. One was lame and one was quite curious. During this time frame I had had a couple of MRIs on my lumber region and one on my cervical region. They showed I suffered from stenosis in both regions. I had epidurals in both regions. It was the cervical epidural which was interesting. It made my feet feel so much better. Nobody believed me that such a thing could happen. Soon I had exhausted the testing resources of the clinical group of doctors I was seeing and they referred me to the UW medicine. I went through the same testing and then some. To date I have had 5 nerve conductance tests, tons of blood work, sweat test, genetic testing and small fiber biopsy. All indicate idiopathic small fiber peripheral neuropathy. Lucky for me, it seems to be in my feet and ankles and hasn't progressed in about 4 years.
So, yes, the cervical can have impact on your feet. I haven't been able to convince my neurologist to do another one so it's been 4 years since I had the unexpected therapeutic relief from the epidural. I'm currently trying to ween myself off of all the drugs I have been on to see what life is like without meds like Lyrica, Tramadol, Ibuvicoden. I have been taking 1800 mg of alpha-lipoid acid a day.
Recently I have been plagued by Plantar Fasciitis recently. An young know of connections between PN & PFC?
Gwylliam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote