View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Congrats on your progress!

I have a sneaking suspicion my neck is involved in my problems as well, although some other things have surfaced as well.

I started having neck problems back in my early 20s, and at about the same time, I started experiencing strange neurological sensations in my left leg. I've had them every since...for about 30 years. Suddenly last year, I got the feeling things in my left leg were getting loose. Then almost exactly a year ago, all hell broke loose. My left leg got much worse, my right leg matched it, and I was having strange sensations body-wide. After every test under the sun, my neuro finally diagnosed idiopathic SFN.

The coincidence is that about 3 weeks before my sudden downturn, I hurt my neck. It seemed to recover from "being stuck" on its own after a few days...or did it?

The other thing that has surfaced is that I am indeed on the very low end of the diabetes spectrum. Despite completely normal fasting glucose levels and a normal A1c result, my blood sugar does indeed spike too high with carb intake and stays too high for too long. I have no clue if this is the true cause of my issues or not, or perhaps a contributing cause, but I certainly don't think it was involved in my left leg developing problems 30 years ago.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. It's very interesting to me as my cervical MRI is showing issues, but as you heard, nothing that could be causing problems in my legs and feet.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote