View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone!

Barb - That's fantastic news!!!! I am so happy for you and so relieved to hear they were benign. I hope you do something special tonight to celebrate the news.

Kelly - I forgot about Damp Rid. I think B2Y posted something a while ago too about it and how she uses them too. DD24 is going to pick some up for me today.

Doydie - I can't believe it's already snowing where you are and so much! Stay warm.

Debbie - Yikes!!! Nothing like a big demo and remodel right around the holidays. I hope the demo goes well and the mess isn't too bad.

Sally - Love the cartoon. It was cute.

I called the apartment manager. She came down this morning and checked things out. She's going to contact a mold inspector to come check things out. I spent a couple of nights at my girls' house 1) to get out of here because my allergies were going crazy and 2) DD24 and her bf were going out of town and I went to hang out with DD23 and help out. When I came home this morning, the smell wasn't too bad but was still there. The apartment manager is also going to check the work orders for this apartment as the roof was leaking during our rainy season and caused leaking in my apartment by the a/c unit. She wants to see if he treated the inside of the ceiling with Kilz or something or did he just put new drywall up. She said it may be coming from that and not from the leak my neighbor had in their bathroom. Either way, it's going to be fixed. Thank goodness.

We got the decals and some other decorations done for the baby's room. We didn't put them up but they look so cute and I think it will go great above his crib. DD23 is hanging in there. Poor girl has been on bed rest for a few weeks now. The bed rest is helping and it's now down to a matter of what the dr plans to do when her platelets get to a certain point and/or her bp skyrockets and/or the baby is in distress. It's a complete balancing game and they're trying to keep the little guy in there so he can mature some more and yet keep in mind their health. I'm getting more comfortable with her having him early as she will be 35 weeks tomorrow, which is far better than the 31/32 we were looking at just a few short weeks ago. The goal is to get her to 37 weeks.

We are having some nice weather. All you easterners and mideasterns are going to laugh but I went outside yesterday to prime some frames DD23 was going to paint. In the evening, I went to bring them in and it was chilly outside. I was so cold!!! It was windy too. I came inside and checked the weather on my phone. It was 60 degrees outside. Ok, in my defense, it's a dry cold. It's hard to go from 90 degrees to 60 and windy. Just last week we were sweating it out and I really thought the heat would never go away.

I hope you all have a great evening!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-17-2014), Debbie D (11-18-2014), Kitty (11-17-2014), LoveCats (11-18-2014), SallyC (11-17-2014)